Greater Nevada Baseball Club
Article I – Name
The organization shall be known as GREATER NEVADA BASEBALL CLUB; hereinafter referred to as “GNBC”
Article II – Objective
The objective of the GNBC:
- To organize and promote youth summer baseball in Northern Nevada to perpetuate the interest and love of the game.
- To enhance high school baseball at all levels.
- To promote the ideals of good sportsmanship, honesty, value of teamwork, respect for authority, and to experience healthy competition.
- To enhance the skill levels of each individual player through hard work, practice, and training provided by the coaching staff.
- To raise funds for the assistance and development of the GNBC through fund raising, sponsorship, membership fees, and/or any other means deemed appropriate.
Article III – Membership
The Membership in GNBC:
- Regular Member: A regular member shall be the parents or guardians of players, coaches, or anyone else deemed appropriate by the board. A Regular member is entitled to one vote on each matter submitted to a vote to the membership at general membership meetings. They shall not have a vote in meetings of the board of directors.
- Associate Member: An associate member shall be any person interested in the objectives of GNBC or as deemed appropriate by the board. Associate members shall not have the right to vote at meetings of the membership, but will have the ability to vote at individual committee meetings as a member of such committee
- Player Member: A player member is any youth that is playing for the team. They shall not have the right to vote at meetings of the membership.
- Redshirt Player member: A redshirt member is any youth invited to practice with the team. They shall not have voting rights at meetings of the membership.
- Suspension or termination: The Board shall, in the case of a suspension or termination of a player member, give notice to the players parents if the player is under the age of 18 years. The notice will inform the parents of the charges and they will be given the opportunity to appear before the board to answer said charges. If the issue at hand involves a relative of a board member or a board member; that board member has no voting rights until the matter is resolved. The decision of the board will be final.
- The board reserves the right to review, suspend, and/or terminate the privileges of any member.
Article IV – Officers
The Officers and Duties:
- The Board of Directors shall consist of at least two members representing Spring Creek High School and Lowry High School.
- The Board of Director shall consist of seven positions; President, Vice President, Secretary, Treasurer, Vice President -City League (Winnemucca), and one coach representing both Spring Creek High School and Lowry High School.
- President: The President shall call for, preside over, and maintain order within regularly scheduled and special meetings, and ensure that all motions are made proper and put to vote or tabled as necessary. The president nominate or appoint members and designate chairpersons to committee and temporarily appoint a member to fill a vacancy in office until nominations and election can be held to permanently fill that vacancy. The President shall perform any other duty as approved by the Board. The president’s vote will break all ties in votes of the board.
- Vice President: The Vice President shall preside over matters directly related to baseball, including the Teams’ Tournament. He/she will be responsible for the annual review of the bylaws. In the absence of the President the Vice President shall preside and perform the duties of the president.
- Secretary: The Secretary shall give notice of all scheduled meetings, officially record and report meeting minutes, and maintain all official documents membership lists, and meeting attendance records. The Secretary, in coordination with the coaches, will make travel and lodging arrangements for the team. The Secretary is responsible for all organizational correspondence.
- Treasurer: The Treasurer shall keep and/or oversee all GNBC financial records. The Treasurer may use a bookkeeper to maintain records of receipts expenditures, records, and financial statements.
- Coaches: The Head Coach shall select and assign the duties of all assistant coaches. The Head Coach by teaching and instruction develop, to the best of his ability, the overall athletic skill of each individual player. The Head Coach will maintain all appropriate records and scheduling concerning the daily operation of the team.
- Terms of office shall be one year. Elections will be held at the annual meeting at the end of the season but will not occur later than August 31st. .
- A Regular meeting may be scheduled by any two members of the board or the President at his/her sole discretion. An Agenda will be made available for each regular meeting
- Special meetings may be called by any two members of the Board of Directors, the president at his/her sole discretion, or any two voting members of GNBC, to consider a specific subject. No business other than the specific subject of the meeting shall be transacted at any special meeting of the members.
Article V – Players
- Eligibility: A player must be in at least the 7th grade during the season in which he plays for GNBC.
- Selection: A player must be selected by the Head Coach and/or the assistant coaches. The selection must be by invitation, or competitive tryout, or any other means deemed appropriate.
- Redshirt players: A redshirt player must be selected by the Head Coach and/or the assistant coaches to practice and train with the team. They may be selected to play in any given game, if they meet the eligibility requirements, as a team member as deemed appropriate by the coaching staff.
Article VI – Financial Policy
- The Board of Directors shall decide all matters pertaining to the finances of the GNBC consistent with these By-Laws.
- The Board of Directors shall not permit the solicitation of funds in the name of the GNBC unless all funds so raised are placed in the GNBC treasury.
- The Board of Directors shall not permit the disbursement of GNBC funds for other than conducting the activities of GNBC.
- All Player members shall find pay the participation fee set by the Board of Directors. Player members that fail to pay may be subject to action by the board.
- All Redshirt Players are not required to pay the participation fee. Redshirt players must directly reimburse GNBC for any equipment or uniforms that are provided to them. Redshirt player members shall participate in all other fund raising activities.
- No Member of the Board, Regular Member, Associate Member, Player Member, or Redshirt Player Member shall directly or indirectly receive any salary, compensation, or other emolument from GNBC for services rendered.
- All disbursement of funds will require approval of at least two Board members. With the exception of the use of an ATM/Debit card for the Head Coach or assistant Coach to use in situations that are not foreseeable and not to exceed $500.00 a day.
- All officers of GNBC handling funds or other property of GNBC shall, at the completion of their duties, turn all papers, documents, funds, or other GNBC property over to the President or Treasurer at the annual meeting..
- Upon dissolution of GNBC and after all outstanding debts and claims have been satisfied, the members shall decide by majority vote how funds and property shall be distributed.
Article VII – Antidiscrimination
Membership in the GNBC or participation in any activity of GNBC shall not be denied or abridged to any individual on the account of race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin,
disability, or sexual orientation.
Article VIII – Rules of Order
Roberts Rules of Order shall govern all deliberations of GNBC when not in conflict with GNBC bylaws.
_________________________ _________________________ _________________________
President Vice President Treasurer
_________________________ _________________________ _________________________
Secretary Coach Coach